ELEMENT Insurance AG is a product factory for insurance and a leader in insurance digitalisation. We supply our partners from various industries – both from an insurer, as well as a non-insurer background – with in-house underwritten insurance products, which they market under their own brand. Our modular insurance platform enables us to tailor-fit and supply these non-life insurance products in record speed.
Our diverse team with over 25 nationalities combines the expertise of the worlds of insurance and technology. We live an agile and empowering company culture.
We are currently looking for an actuary (m/f/div) who, with appropriate qualifications, will also assume the actuarial function (VmF) at ELEMENT.
What Will Keep You Challenged:
- As part of product development, you will be responsible for actuarial support, evaluation and release of the tariff calculators for all new products in the property and casualty area
- In close cooperation with the Finance and Risk Management departments, you will be responsible for the implementation and further development of actuarial reserving, in particular the calculation of the IBNR according to HGB and the premium and claims reserves according to Solvency II
- Cooperation in actuarial controlling and its further expansion
- If qualified and interested, the actuarial function (VmF) and the responsible actuary (VA), i.e. in addition to the validation of technical provisions under Solvency II, also the preparation of the annual VmF report
- You act as a competent contact person for the management board and other internal stakeholders, such as our Business Intelligence team
What you contribute
- A relevant degree, e.g. in (business) mathematics as well as a completed or commenced training as an actuary (DAV) in property and casualty insurance
- At least two years of professional experience in the actuarial department of an insurance company (ideally property/casualty)
- enjoy complex mathematical problems and their modelling and process design
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills without losing sight of the "big picture
- Enjoyment of cross-departmental work and an appreciative manner
- Fluent German and good English skills
What we offer you
• The opportunity to be part of a driven and diverse team which is creating a measurable impact on the future of insurance
• An open and welcoming company culture, empowering you to freely grow and develop
• We openly share our knowledge – we are a mix of insurance experts, technology specialists and experienced entrepreneurs
• We have a dedicated onboarding process, enabling you to quickly thrive at ELEMENT
• A direct influence on our company and our products – we value your ideas and your input
• Plenty of perks including a benefits package, choice of computer, drinks and snacks, language classes, company-wide networking events and outings
About Element Insurance
ELEMENT is a modern company - not only in our products. We live this every day in our values, which means mutual trust, a high degree of freedom and responsibility and flexibility. We communicate openly, learn and develop continuously.