Data Engineer - Python
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
If you enjoy moving, merging and transforming data by utilizing Data Warehousing and Data Lake methods at its best, as well coding with Python and building awesome visualizations to help the team to create actionable insights from data then this is your place to be.
- Conceive and implement Data pipelines in AWS
- Ensure data quality and consistency
- Collaborate with our Data Team to get access to new datasets, the most out of our existing ones, and ensure usability of data
- Consult with analysts and business users to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business
- Make sure we have access to all of our relevant KPIs
- Develop all necessary automated reports for teams to perform and be the go-to person for any data question
- Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with: Python, SQL, AWS (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR), Visualization tools incl. Qlik Sense, Tableau, Airflow, Git, Jira
What you contribute
- A few years of data engineering experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including Python and experience with Cloud technologies
- Great communication and problem-solving abilities across competences - you will be talking to Engineers, Analysts and Product Managers all day!
- Working experience with data visualization tools including but not limited to Qlik Sense
- Working proficiency in English
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
What we offer you
What we can offer you
-Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our brand new English speaking offices in Berlin city center.
-Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
-Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in an RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships and discounted lunch through Smunch. We also support our working parents, so you don’t have to choose between work and family.
-Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English
Klarna enables smooth shopping. And we do it with flair, because shopping is fun. Every day we help customers, companies and partners discover how smooth the modern shopping experience can be.