Senior Backend Engineer - Java
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? As a Senior Engineer at Klarna, you'll be in a cross-functional team and will work with Java alongside other stack. We're currently expanding several of our engineering teams, including; teams working on our core checkout product, payment services, fraud prevention, or improving our billing service and shipping credentials to name a few.
- As a backend Java developer, you will work within a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs where you will design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability and low latency
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross functional teams
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own, and potentially take part in an on-call rotation
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
- Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with: Java (latest versions), Spring and Spring Boot, Docker and Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search, Microservices architecture on AWS
What you contribute
- A few years of software development experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including, but not limited to, Java
- Great problem solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Working proficiency in English
What we offer you
-Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our brand new English speaking offices in Berlin city center.
-Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
-Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships and discounted lunch through Smunch. We also support our working parents, so you don’t have to choose between work and family.
-Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
Klarna enables smooth shopping. And we do it with flair, because shopping is fun. Every day we help customers, companies and partners discover how smooth the modern shopping experience can be.