Senior PHP Magento Engineer
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? Klarna offers merchants out of the box integrations for a number of popular e-commerce platforms, PSPs, POS, and ERP systems and we are hiring Magento Engineers for this.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance for our partner system integrations.
- Participate in the build and support of in-house built Magento 2 plugins supporting the Klarna products.
- Participate in the build and support of additional in-house built partner system plugins.
- Provide consultation on the technical implementation of Klarna products into partner systems.
- Drive consistent quality of integrations across partner systems.
- Provide insight to product and engineering teams on implementing the Klarna products with partner systems.
- Set standards and processes around best practices for partner system integrations.
What you contribute
- Experience with Magento 2.x CE/EE (Preferred: +2 years)
- +3 years experience writing PHP.
- Experience writing unit test
- Experience with MFTF is a plus
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Have successfully applied and are enthusiastic about Agile or XP practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- You might also have:
- Experience with API and product development
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
- Familiarity with cloud-based and DevOps technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience as a contributor to an open source project.
- Contributor to GitHub and/or Stack Overflow.
What we offer you
-Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries in our English speaking offices in Stockholm/Berlin city centre.Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
-Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
-Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
Klarna enables smooth shopping. And we do it with flair, because shopping is fun. Every day we help customers, companies and partners discover how smooth the modern shopping experience can be.