Senior Software Engineer - Underwriting (m/f/div)
ELEMENT Insurance AG is a product factory for insurance and a leader in insurance digitalisation. We supply our partners from various industries – both from an insurer, as well as a non-insurer background – with in-house underwritten insurance products, which they market under their own brand. Our modular insurance platform enables us to tailor-fit and supply these non-life insurance products in record speed.
Our diverse team with over 25 nationalities combines the expertise of the worlds of insurance and technology. At ELEMENT, we live an agile and empowering company culture to work on ‘the insurance of tomorrow’.
To support our continued growth and momentum, we’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (m/f/div) to join our cross-functional software development team. Our ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to pioneer innovation within a long-standing monotonous industry.
What will keep you challenged?
- Working within one of our cross-functional teams of T-shaped Software Developers, Product Managers, Designers and Industry Specialists
- Designing and developing backends (Java/Kotlin/Spring, Node.js/TypeScript) on AWS infrastructure
- Applying DevOps/NoOps principles in an immutable infrastructure/infrastructure-as-a-code environment
What you contribute
- Strong proficiency in Java programming with Spring Boot and Kotlin
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies, i.e. Kanban, XP-practices and Continuous Delivery, etc.
- Proficiency in running software on cloud-infrastructure
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Readiness to take ownership over the whole development circle
- A pragmatic and efficient personality; delivering high-quality work whilst keeping business values in mind
- Flexibility towards change, responding quickly and effectively to constructive feedback
- Ability to inspire others through actions
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- An excitement for learning a lot of new stuff
- Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Groovy and/or Node.js/TypeScript
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with running infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Insurance industry experience
What we offer you
• The opportunity to be part of a driven and diverse team which is creating a measurable impact on the future of insurance
• An open and welcoming company culture, empowering you to freely grow and develop
• We openly share our knowledge – we are a mix of insurance experts, technology specialists and experienced entrepreneurs
• We have a dedicated onboarding process, enabling you to quickly thrive at ELEMENT
• A direct influence on our company and our products – we value your ideas and your input
• Plenty of perks including a benefits package, choice of computer, drinks and snacks, language classes, company-wide networking events and outings
About Element Insurance
ELEMENT is a modern company - not only in our products. We live this every day in our values, which means mutual trust, a high degree of freedom and responsibility and flexibility. We communicate openly, learn and develop continuously.