Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be involved in the full life cycle of an application and a team member of an agile development process, responsible for the design and implementation of application build, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
Other responsibilities include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating CICD solutions, exploring tools, release management process automation, deployment automation, environment setups, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
- Sets up and maintains the test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Explore and implement latest tools and tech. suited to implement CICD.
- Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology.
- Develop Provisioning scripts for QA and Prod. simulated environment and upgrader scripts.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
- Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production ready.
- Develop and write script to ensure E2E implementation of CICD framework.
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms and
- Provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis,
- Identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
What you contribute
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with AWS
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, we also use Redis)
- Programming concepts and working understanding of code and script
- (JAVA, PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby, Linux )
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Methodologies.
- System Architecture and Infrastructure.
- Performance Testing and Security Testing.
- Application Monitoring Tools.
What we offer you
Competitive remuneration and equity shares
30 working days annual leave
Entrepreneurial working environment
Flexible working arrangements and regular team events
Mentorship and career growth
About Careem Networks GmbH
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 15+ countries and host over 29 million users. We have over 260 engineers from over 40 nationalities. Join us! We’re looking for Engineers that live coding algorithm challenges.