Software Engineers (Distributed Systems)
You will be assisting with the development of the software systems that make-up the Careem engine. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing. Our tech stack is Java 8 and Spring Boot, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web frontend and AWS infrastructure.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Development of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast-growing business
- Execute full software development lifecycle
- Work in a team with highly talented software engineers
- Write clean, reusable, testable, and maintainable code
- Grow into a subject matter expert
- Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
What you contribute
- Experience in object-oriented design, data-structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java and server-side technologies (must love coding!)
- Fluency with software engineering tools.
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
What we offer you
Competitive salary and equity shares
30 working days annual leave
Entrepreneurial working environment
Flexible working arrangements
Mentorship and career growth
Careem Networks GmbH in Berlin is located in the center of Berlin right at Alexanderplatz and YES we do have a pool table and great events :). We are an international team with currently over 15 nationalities. Our application process is easy and uncomplicated - don't hesitate asking me whatever comes to your mind (firstname.lastname@example.org). Yalla, let's work with us :)
About Careem Networks GmbH
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 15+ countries and host over 29 million users. We have over 260 engineers from over 40 nationalities. Join us! We’re looking for Engineers that live coding algorithm challenges.